Benedictine spirituality has long been associated with respect for the local environment and appreciation of God’s work in nature. It is with this in mind that the Abbey set aside a couple of acres of the grounds in order to create a Quiet Garden. A quiet, still and beautiful place to encounter God in prayer and reflection.
The Worth Abbey Quiet Garden is a rock garden surrounding a large pond to the south of the Monastery buildings. The first Lord Cowdray, whose country estate this was before the monastery purchased it in 1933, planted this area with shrubs and alpine plants over one hundred years ago.
From the main car park, follow the well signposted trail of about 500m which leads to the Quiet Garden.